FUNDRAISE FOR CFCC
Fundraising starts with you!
You may know someone, perhaps a friend or family member, who has cystic fibrosis. However many of our fundraisers don’t have a personal connection but are just as passionate about our cause and helping those who live with CF.
How to get started
Often people come to CF Community Care with an idea for a fundraiser. But there are also lots of people who want to raise money but aren’t sure how. A good starting point is to think about something fun that you would enjoy organising.
We’ve got a lot of suggestions for fundraising activities, ranging from dress up days to trivia nights, from afternoon teas to golf days, or concerts to sausage sizzles… just to name a few! Our Community Fundraising Coordinator can talk to you about what’s possible.
In addition to fundraising events, some people choose to do a fundraising challenge such as shaving their head for donations, jumping on a trampoline every day for a month or walking 65km in a month. Other fundraiser ideas include raffles, swear jars, reading challenges, bingo or a cake sale.
Top tips for fundraising
- Customise your online fundraising page: We can set you up with your own fundraising page on our system and you can personalise it as much as you like.
- Share your story: If you’re comfortable with it, sharing your motivation for fundraising is a great way to show your donors how important this cause is to you.
- Lead by example: Did you know if you make the first donation people are more likely to follow your lead and donate?
- Get the dream team together: It’s true … ‘team work makes the dream work.’ Putting together a team to help you plan your activity is a great way of staying on track to have everything ready.
- Get social: If you’re promoting your event on social media, remember to tag Cystic Fibrosis Community Care and use #CFCC to share your event with Cystic Fibrosis Community Care supporters across Australia.
- Check-in with Cystic Fibrosis Community Care: Remember that the Fundraising team is always here to help with questions, concerns, or suggestions! Give us a call on (02) 8732 5700, or email email@example.com
- Say thank you: After it’s all done and dusted, the most important thing is to thank those that supported you with donations, raffle and auction items, sponsorship, volunteering, catering, flowers, and even moral support! Thank everyone who contributed and importantly update them on your total funds raised.
Every donation, no matter how big or small, has the power to make a difference to the life of someone living with cystic fibrosis. All donations to CF Community Care help us improve the lives of people living with CF, their families and friends.
Your donation has a direct impact on the wellbeing of the CF community in NSW and Victoria, by supporting our vital services such as:
- Financial assistance to people who have undergone transplants or are in crisis
- Education support services to help schools understand the needs of kids with CF, and support schoolkids and their families
- Providing essential medical equipment such as nebulisers
- Accommodation assistance for regional families who travel to the city for CF care
- Advocacy on behalf of our members with CF
- Hospital visits for our members who are having inpatient stays
- Building support networks through our one-one-one peer support program and hosting support dinners for those whose lives are touched by CF
- Grants to support our members to take a break and enjoy some quality time with their family
- and many more support services and programs.
Click here to donate to CF Community Care