"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed individuals can change the world. In fact, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our aim is to make the 2023 65K 4 65 Roses Walkathon as much fun as possible whilst building awareness of CF across Sydney and NSW. We can't make that happen without YOU!
There are several ways you can help to make this event not only fun, but a great success to support people living with CF.
- Encourage your family, friends, neighbours, and colleagues to register and join your team.
- Share 65K promo posts from the CFCC Facebook page, or share your own posts from our templates below.
- Approach your local media with your story. Here's a Media Release Template we created that you can personalise with your story! Plus, read our contacting media tips here!
- Pop an 65k A4 Poster up in your local area to encourage others to also join you in your walk or run!
We have created these social media tiles for you to share on your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok platforms! Please make sure to tag us #65k465Roses
I'm running social media tiles
I'm walking social media tiles
Fundraising is an essential component of the 65K 4 65 Roses Walkathon. Here are some extra tips to help maximise your fundraising efforts:
- Make a donation to your own page immediately. A page that already has one donation is much more likely to receive funds than a page with no donations.
- Social media is your friend! Share your fundraising page on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter - anywhere you can think of.
- Don't be shy - post repeatedly in the lead-up to the event. People often mean to donate and then forget, so a few reminders won't hurt.
- Ask people to share your link so you can expand your asking network.
- Share the story of your connection to CF if you're comfortable with that. Sharing your motivation for fundraising is a great way to show your donors how important this cause is to you.
- Give updates on your training when sharing your fundraising page.
- Put your page link in your Instagram bio.
- SHARE YOUR PAGE WITH PHOTOS ON THE DAY OF YOUR WALK! Event-day is traditionally a crucial fundraising day for this event!
- Don't forget to distribute the link to your fundraising page via email and SMS, too.
- Approach any corporate contacts you may have, as they're often eager to help. It doesn't hurt to remind them that their donations to your page are tax deductible either!
- After it’s all done and dusted, the most important thing is to thank those that supported you.
If you can't register for the event, why not donate? Every donation, no matter how big or small, has the power to improve the lives of people living with CF, their families and friends.
Your donation has a direct impact on the well-being of the CF community in NSW and VIC. Some of the vital services that CFCC provides include:
- Financial assistance to people who have undergone transplants or are in crisis.
- Education support services to help schools understand the needs of kids with CF, and support school kids and their families.
- Providing essential medical equipment such as nebulisers.
- Accommodation assistance for regional families who travel to the city for CF care.
- Advocacy on behalf of our members with CF.
- Hospital visits for our members who are having inpatient stays.
- Building support networks through our one-on-one peer support program and hosting support dinners for those whose lives are touched by CF.
- Grants to support our members to take a break and enjoy some quality time with their family.
Terms & Conditions - Fundraising Incentive Competition