WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Our aim is to make the 2020 65K 4 65 Roses Walkathon the biggest and best one yet, but we can't make that happen without YOU! There are several ways you can help.
- Download and print the posters below and ask your local businesses to display them. Hang them around your school. Put one up in the break room at your office. The options are limitless!
Isabella Borg, 11, 2020 65K Ambassador
Rod Marshdale, 48, 2020 65K Ambassador
- Encourage your family, friends, neighbours, and colleagues to register and join your team
- Share 65K promo posts from the CFCC Facebook page
- Approach your local media with your story
Fundraising is an essential component of the 65K 4 65 Roses Walkathon. Here are some extra tips to help maximise your fundraising efforts:
- Make a donation to your own page immediately. A page that already has one donation is much more likely to receive funds than a page with no donations
- Social media is your friend! Share your fundraising page on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter - anywhere you can think of
- Don't be shy - post repeatedly in the lead up to the event. People often mean to donate and then forget, so a few reminders won't hurt
- Ask people to share your link for you to expand your asking network
- Share the story of your connection to CF if you're comfortable with that. Sharing your motivation for fundraising is a great way to show your donors how important this cause is to you
- Give updates on your training when sharing your fundraising page
- Put your page link in your Instagram bio
- SHARE YOUR PAGE WITH PHOTOS ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT! A very large amount of the 65K's funds are raised on the day of the event
- Don't forget to distribute the link to your fundraising page via email and SMS, too
- Approach any corporate contacts you may have, as they're often eager to help. It doesn't hurt to remind them that their donations to your page are tax deductible either
- Contact CFCC for collection tins and/or merchandise boxes and place them in local businesses for sale. Or ask CFCC for raffle tickets, get a donated prize, and raffle it off. Put this money toward your fundraising total!
- After it’s all done and dusted, the most important thing is to thank those that supported you
For information on volunteering for the 65k 4 65 Roses Walkathon, click here.
If you can't register for the event, why not donate? Every donation, no matter how big or small, has the power to improve the lives of people living with CF, their families and friends.
Your donation has a direct impact on the wellbeing of the CF community in NSW. Some of the vital services that CFCC provides include:
- Financial assistance to people who have undergone transplants or are in crisis
- Education support services to help schools understand the needs of kids with CF, and support schoolkids and their families
- Providing essential medical equipment such as nebulisers
- Accommodation assistance for regional families who travel to the city for CF care
- Advocacy on behalf of our members with CF
- Hospital visits for our members who are having inpatient stays
- Building support networks through our one-one-one peer support program and hosting support dinners for those whose lives are touched by CF
- Grants to support our members to take a break and enjoy some quality time with their family